- How financially fit is your non-profit organisation?
- Are its financial resources well managed?
- How healthy are your financial control systems?
This checklist will diagnose the health of your organisation's systems of financial management.
Workshop Johannesburg 17 October 2014
“Everything an NPO should know about VAT”
CMDS, in collaboration with VAT expert Dee Bezuidenhout, is proud to offer a training opportunity for all involved with the NPO Sector who want to know more about the implications of VAT.
Who should attend?
This half-day workshop will be particularly helpful to Board Members, Directors and Finance Managers of NPO’s who need to know more about VAT and the way it could/should affect their organisation. We also recommend this workshop for the accountants and auditors of NPO’s – please inform them of this training opportunity.
Where and when?
Johannesburg – Friday 17 October 2014
08h00 (registration) for 08h30 - 13h00
Cost and registration:
This half-day workshop costs R1,200 (including VAT) per delegate, including refreshments and workshop material.
To register please contact Shané at email@example.com or 021 797 6226
This important opportunity is offered in the form of a half-day workshop on VAT for NPO’s. The workshop will address, among many other matters:
- The myth that some non-profit organisations are exempt from VAT!
- The benefits and obligations of registering for VAT.
- The rules for dealing with payments and grants received from Government.
- VAT and international donor funding.
- Special concessions for NPO’s.
- Hints and tips on how to deal with SARS and their audits.
- The requirements for supporting documentation.
The workshop will enable you to know whether your organisation is:
- Obliged by law to register for VAT (and, if so, when?).
- Missing out on the benefits of registering, voluntarily, for VAT that include recovering the VAT that is currently being paid out.
- Once registered, doing things correctly (do invoices to your clients meet the requirements; are you reclaiming the right amount of VAT?).
- Dealing properly with VAT in relation to government grants.
- Prepared for audit of documentation (refunds attract the attention of SARS so are the records that support your returns adequate?).
- Accounting accurately for VAT (are you completing the VAT 201 accurately and ensuring that the VAT returns reflect the underlying transactions?)
Dee Bezuidenhout has been involved with VAT ever since it was introduced in South Africa in 1991. She worked at SARS as a VAT auditor, law interpreter and VAT legislator. She was VAT Manager at BDO in Johannesburg for 5 years where she started the VAT School and presented many “VAT for NPO’s” workshops with CMDS. She is now in private practice as a VAT Specialist. A natural lecturer, Dee presents the popular VAT Masterclass in association with Fleet Street Publications and also drafts their VAT Guide.
Space is limited so book your place now!
“Watch out for a Cape Town date soon!”